5/31/2005

Ebay sellers as literary feedstock

As a part of my ongoing service towards Project Arcturus, I’m often poking around Ebay looking at past selling prices and trying to decipher the pricing “code” for various items As a part of this research, I usually look at auction listings to see what kind of detail and language various sellers used and what the final price was. Often, but not always, people give a reason why an item is being sold, if only to allay potential buyers that the item is indeed not a piece of broken crap. This was one of the more pithy ones I have come across as of late.

Lonely Trivial Pursuit seller on Ebay

"You are bidding on trivial pursuit 20th anniversary Edition game. It is used but in great shape. Only played twice. The reason I am seeling it is because I don't have anyone to play it with anymore. "


Aren't you wondering why and how this came about? You could do half a novel off this starting point alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home