1/28/2007

Headcrab update

In regards to my last post (which was quite a while ago…Project Arcturus was quite time consuming this holiday season), it looks like I spoke too soon. Shortly after my post, Valve did release their own headcrab hat…While not quite as impressive as their original mini headcrab, this mono-color hat is pretty awesome….And I should know, since I own one…It fits my rather large noggin quite well, and while the longer crab arms take a little getting used to in your field of view, it is quite warm as well. Now my only question is how should act when I’m wearing it…should I incorporate a bit of zombie shimmy into my step or should I behave like the crab and I have more of a symbiotic relationship where I'm more of a mode of transport for the headcrab? It even looks pretty good just sitting on a shelf, just like Headly. I’ll save the world the embarrassment of a picture of myself wearing the hat and just use Valve’s stock picture to give you an idea of what it looks like (I just noticed that the headcrab stock photo victim is reading a story about the PS3, which given Valve's Gabe Newell said about the P3 --"The PS3 is a total disaster on so many levels. I think it’s really clear that Sony lost track of what customers wanted and what developers wanted. I’d say, even at this late date, they should cancel it and do a “do over.” Just say, “This was a horrible disaster and we’re sorry and we’re going to stop selling this and stop trying to convince people to develop for it.”-- is interesting).

Adventurous souls looking to serve the Combine in a mentally diminished fashion can get your own head crab HERE