1/30/2005

"I Offer Unusual Skillset"-It's only a matter of time before I'm a programming exec at Fox.

I offer unusual skillset
"Anyone of rank and ability to negotiate employment of mutual benefit with "Yamaguchi Gumi" please reply. DO NOT WASTE MY TIME if you are false. I offer loyalty and ability."

An interesting classified ad,in English, from the English website of the Japanese Newspaper, the Mainichi, for someone apparently looking for work with a Yakuza organization (Yamaguchi-gumi).

You know, I read this and my first thought was along the lines of "hmmmm..this would make a pretty good reality TV show pitch"-create a fake yakuza gang and then hire him to do "wacky mobster stuff" like have him shake down places for not having enough nuts (or the wrong type of nuts) on top of his ice cream sundae. But the yakuza are much more public in Japan than crime organizations in other countries. They put their name of their office buildings and hand out business cards with their gang emblems on them. So the ruse wouldn't last very long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home